Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I <3 Freshwater Pearls!!

Freshwater Pearls!! So, how did this come about? Well, my mother wanted a special gift for her friend's big birthday party. So, she asked me to make a necklace for her. Knowing her friend fairly well, I suggested that some colored pearls would look nice on her. So, off to the store I go, and I find these lovely blue-gray rice shaped freshwater pearls. OoOoO!!! Me likes! I grab two strands and I just can't wait to get to work with them.

Here's the final product, sadly the pictures do it no justice, a simple yet fabulous 20 inch necklace with understated magnetic clasp:


And, because I am such a great daughter, I threw in free giftwrapping with this nifty pink paisley pillow box I bought from OhMyMommyClementine (although now it seems she has them in her other shop - ScrapDragon):


Needless to say, I love these pearls, so keep an eye on my shop, you may see some more freshwater pearls popping up! Also, feel free to convo me in Etsy if you'd like a custom necklace/bracelet/earrings. And if you pop by OhMyMommyClementine's shop, tell her Made By Melissa sent you!!

No comments: