Friday, November 5, 2010

Scarves for Special Olympics

Last year I found out about a great charity called Scarves for Special Olympics. Crafters all over the planet knit or crochet scarves and donate them to the athletes, coaches and family members that participate in the Special Olympics. Sadly, I found out too late to be able to participate. I am ready for this year!! The program has gotten so much attention and so much love that they have expanded and now there are several states participating in the program. New Jersey has requested 1,000 scarves for their participants!! I put in my pledge and already have two completed.



Want to learn more? Want to join in on the fun? Check out their website, Facebook Fan Page and Twitter

2 comments:

Ruthie's Greetings said...

Pretty Scarves!

Sandie said...

Beautifully done! Can you share where you found the patterns for the scarves?