Monday, March 1, 2010

Item of the Week - March 1, 2010

It is Monday once again and that means its time for a new featured item of the week. This week's item comes with a little story. My son really likes Blue's Clues, and I mean, he REALLY likes Blue's Clues, the kid even walks around with a notebook and a crayon and randomly screams "A CLUE!!! It's right there!!" and dramatically reveals his notebook from behind his back. Adorable, right? There are many times he's nearly given me a heart attack. Anyway, his favorite episode is Blue's Birthday (circa 1998), not to spoil it for you, but Steve buys Blue a turtle with a blue polka dot shell for her birthday. My little guy thinks that its just teh greatest thing EVER. I tried to find a picture of the little turtle, but after searching through 10 pages of Google images, this is the best I could do:


Combine all of that with the fact that I seem to have way too much blue yarn, I decided to make a turtle with a bright blue shell.



My little guy instantly fell in love with him, but I managed to get him back in order to put him up in the shop. I do sense myself making at least one more for him to keep!!

Get a free little fishy friend with the purchase of either the blue or green turtle between now and mightnight on Sunday, March 7, 2010 just by putting "Blue's Clues" in the notes to seller at checkout, also indicate if you'd like the fish to be a specific color, otherwise, I will select one for you.

Happy Shopping!
~Melissa~

No comments: