Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Go Green - Bamboo Washcloths

I've been making washcloths, facial scrubbies and dish cloths from cotton yarn for quite some time now and in doing so encouraging people to go green by reducing their consumption of disposable products in favor of ones that can be reused over and over again. I recently discovered Bernat's natural bamboo yarn, its even more green than my normal cotton yarn as Bernat's website proclaims:
"A naturally eco-friendly fiber that requires no pesticides or fertilizers and is extremely replenishable... Strong as steel, but soft as silk when spun"

And silky soft it is!! It was heaven to crochet with, I was praying that the skein would never end! But, sadly it did... However, not before I created this fabulous set of three washcloths:



The bamboo yarn comes in 7 yummy colors. I personally can't wait to use the dill, its a gorgeous shade of pale green.

Due to the cost of the bamboo yarn, I sadly have to raise the prices of the bamboo washcloths in comparison to my cotton ones. Its a higher price for a smaller skein, hence more money to make less product. But they are luxuriously soft (and I am not exaggerating, folks, these things are seriously soft). At this time, I only have one set of washcloths in stock, but I am accepting custom orders - you can pick the color and whether you'd like washcloths, face scrubbies or a combination of the two. Take a look at Bernat's website for all of the available colors.

Go Green!
~Melissa~

No comments: